BEWARE OF FREEZING TEMPS - AVOID FROZEN WATER METER AND PIPES
December 21, 2022
***BEWARE OF FREEZING TEMPS - AVOID FROZEN WATER METER AND PIPES***
Here are some tipes to prevent your water meter and pipes from freezing.
- Check if the lid or meter can is broken or the lid is missing. If yes, call us ASAP and we will dispatch a technician.
- Keep your garage door closed. Leaving it open just a little, will cause pipes near the water heater to freeze.
- In severe cold, leave your faucets dripping a little.
- Open cabinet doors under sinks or where exposed water lines are.
- Insulate any exposed water lines and place insulated covers over outside faucets.
- Disconnect all outside hoses.
- Find and Know how to shut off your water at your customer shut off box or your main shut off inside the house IF you have one, (Not all older homes have them).
- Open the door to utility room to ensure enough heat gets in the room.
- Close all vents that go under the house if you have them, this will help prevent drafts under the house.
If you have a water emergency outside of our office hours, please call our after-hours number at (479)633-1421 or send us a message on our Facebook page and someone will be able to help you.